SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth) is a condition in which abnormally large numbers of bacteria - the types that are normally found in the large intestine – are present in the small intestine. The invasive bacteria interfere with healthy digestive and absorption processes, leading to unpleasant symptoms and chronic illness. The Hydrogen/Methane breath test is a reliable and convenient method to help in assessing and classifying dysbiosis and SIBO.
Note: The lactulose solution used in this test contains yellow dye.
***Important notes about lab kits for purchase above***
- Due to the fees we incur after a test kit is sent, we are unable to offer returns or exchanges on test kits.
- If you reside in New York or Rhode Island, return shipping of lab kits to BioHealth is restricted. You will be required to travel outside of state lines to ship your samples back to the lab.
- We are unable to ship lab kits to PO boxes. Please use a residential address.
- Some lab providers fill out requisition forms ahead of time with patient information. To avoid confusion when processing orders, if you are ordering lab kits for multiple people, we request that you place a separate order for each person.
After you order a test kit, getting the lab draw and/or completing the test is your responsibility. It is also your responsibility to have the test interpreted by a qualified professional.
- Once you have sent in your lab kit, the lab will send us test results which we will forward to you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.